Register for a free user account in order to enjoy the following features on Barlows Recipes:
Join Our Community
Marinated Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad
Found this recipe on the net somewhere and have adapted it to suit our tastes. It continues to be a family favourite to this very day.
2 heads broccoli, broken into flowerettes
1 head cauliflower, broken in flowerettes
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
3-4 stalks celery
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1. Blanch broccoli and cauliflower until just tender.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. In a large bowl combine cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, celery and onion.
4. In a saucepan, place the vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, mustard, salt and oil.
5. Boil until the sugar has disslved.
6. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and mix well.
7. Chill overnight before serving.