Register for a free user account in order to enjoy the following features on Barlows Recipes:
Join Our Community
Mrs. Davis' Famous Oreo Cookies
This is an excellent recipe that yields cookies that taste kind of like Oreo cookies but that are a lot softer and larger.
2 Boxes Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 cup Shortening
4 Eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup Butter, softened
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a mixer.
3. Roll into small balls the size of cherry cordials.
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for only 8 minutes.
5. Let cool before frosting.
6. After cool, frost the bottom of one cookie and then place another cookie on top of the frosting (bottom side toward the frosting) to create an Oreo-like cookie.
1. Mix All ingredients together until smooth.